601 684-4000 Ext. 232
The City Administrator serves at the will of the Board of Mayor and Selectmen and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the City. The City Administrator keeps the Board of Mayor and Selectmen informed as to the affairs of McComb and recommends to the Mayor and Selectmen actions that are necessary for the welfare of the City.
- Responsible for examining all proposed contracts to which the City may be a party
- Responsible for all personnel not appointed by the Board
- Responsible for preparing the annual budget in a timely manner
601 684-4000 Ext. 102
The Buyer makes all purchases of supplies, materials and equipment authorized by the governing body.
- Responsible for organizing the formal purchasing system
- Responsible for procedures and record keeping and the use of purchase orders and invoices
- Enters property data into computer database and issues property tags
- Prepares and participates in yearly physical inventory
City Clerk/Accounts Payable/Collections/Deputy Clerks
601 684-4000 Ext. 224
The City Clerk is the official record keeper for the City of McComb.
- Maintains the City's Seal
- Keeps account of all the public funds and revenues of the City
- Records the minutes and proceedings of the governing body
- Audits course documents and accounting data to determine justification of the transaction in question
Accounts Payable/Deputy Clerk
601-684-4000 Ext. 224
The Deputy City Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining City records, deeds, agreements, contracts and any notices, ordinances and publications related to the City of McComb.
- Verify payments sent to vendors
- Assist with monthly balance of payroll
- Prepares A/P and Manual Docket for board approval
- Assists with preparing for Municipal Elections, and absentee voting
Accounts Payable Clerk
601-684-4000 Ext. 217
- Responsible for ensuring city bills are entered in a timely manner.
- Updates cemetery files, sells or transfers cemetery plots
- Responsible for invoicing funeral homes for services rendered
- Assists the Cemetery Superintendent by verifying if plots are available
Office Manager/Deputy Clerk
601-684-4000 Ext. 103
- Assisting the Comptroller and City Clerk in managing the city's finances
- Supervises the daily activities of the Collections Department.
601-684-4000 Ext. 234
601-684-4000 Ext. 230
- Receives contractor license payments, utility payments, privilege license payments and posts all payments accurately and timely.
- Maintains accounting controls and performs balancing operations on accounting activities.
- Receives telephone calls and provides complete information to callers in a clear and courteous manner.
601-684-4000 Ext. 213
- Oversees the accounting function to ensure that financial information provided is accurate, timely, and supports management functions.
- Reconciles the general ledger and bank statements.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the accounting, auditing, and/or budgeting activities.
Administrative Assistant/Deputy Clerk
601 684-4000 ext 248
The Executive Secretary provides clerical and secretarial support to the Mayor and City Administrator.
- Coordinates meetings and schedules appointments
- Transmits orders and instructions with authority of the Mayor and City Administrator
- Responsible for the Civil Service agenda, meetings, and minute keeping
Facility Maintenance Technician
The technician is responsible for cleaning and maintaining City buildings and walkways.
Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all City buildings
Human Resources Director
601 684-4000 Ext. 218
Performs highly responsible administrative and technical work of considerable complexity in directing, planning and coordinating the activities of the department of administration.
- Prepares personnel policies and procedures for distribution
- Maintains personnel files; monitors use of employee benefits, management of records on annual and sick leave
- Performs surveys on salaries and employee benefits; develops salary and wage plans
601 684-4000 Ext. 225
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for
- Assisting the Human Resources Director with processing payroll functions accurately and timely.
- Performs responsible administrative and clerical duties relating to Human Resource Management and Payroll.
- Maintains payroll operations by entering data.
Utility Billing Manager
601-684-4000 Ext. 221
The Utility Billing Manager is responsible for collection of reads for monthly billing.
- Responsible for completing work orders and entering data into system, updating records
- Generation of late fees and cut off fees
- Responsible for printing of monthly water statements
- Maintains records of meters, and readings
Utility Billing Clerks
601-684-4000 Ext. 215
601-684-4000 Ext. 101
- Provides assistance to commercial and residential customers regarding City utility requirements and rates.
- Initiates utility service installation orders
- Answers telephone, and respond to inquiries
- Enters routes for meter readers; keeps record of returns
- Assists with processing draft bill report