601 684-4000 Ext. 232
The City Administrator serves at the will of the Board of Mayor and Selectmen and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the City. The City Administrator keeps the Board of Mayor and Selectmen informed as to the affairs of McComb and recommends to the Mayor and Selectmen actions that are necessary for the welfare of the City.
- Responsible for examining all proposed contracts to which the City may be a party
- Responsible for all personnel not appointed by the Board
- Responsible for preparing the annual budget in a timely manner
601 684-4000 Ext. 102
The Buyer makes all purchases of supplies, materials and equipment authorized by the governing body.
- Responsible for organizing the formal purchasing system
- Responsible for procedures and record keeping and the use of purchase orders and invoices
- Enters property data into computer database and issues property tags
- Prepares and participates in yearly physical inventory
City Clerk/Accounting Clerks/Deputy City Clerks
Accounts Payable Clerk & Deputy City Clerk
601 684-4000 Ext. 217
The Deputy City Clerk is responsible for recording and maintaining City records, deeds, agreements, contracts and any notices, ordinances and publications related to the City of McComb.
- Verify payments sent to vendors
- Assist with monthly balance of payroll
- Prepares A/P and Manual Docket for board approval
- Receives sealed bids for bid openings
- Assists with preparing for Municipal Elections, and absentee voting
- Assist customers with cemetery payments for burial plots
- Sorts and processes incoming and outgoing mail
- Answers telephone and distribute calls according
Accounting Clerk & Deputy City Clerk
601 684-4000 Ext. 223
The Accounting Clerk receives payments for all services offered by the City.
- Issues garage sale permits
- Regulates residential rental property
- Issues business and contractor licenses
Administrative Assistant/Deputy Clerk
601 684-4000 ext 248
The Executive Secretary provides clerical and secretarial support to the Mayor and City Administrator.
- Coordinates meetings and schedules appointments
- Transmits orders and instructions with authority of the Mayor and City Administrator
- Responsible for the Civil Service agenda, meetings, and minute keeping
Facility Maintenance Technician
The technician is responsible for cleaning and maintaining City buildings and walkways.
Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of all City buildings
Human Resources Director
601 684-4000 Ext. 218
Performs highly responsible administrative and technical work of considerable complexity in directing, planning and coordinating the activities of the department of administration.
- Prepares personnel policies and procedures for distribution
- Maintains personnel files; monitors use of employee benefits, management of records on annual and sick leave
- Performs surveys on salaries and employee benefits; develops salary and wage plans
601 684-4000 Ext. 225
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for
- Assisting the Human Resources Director with processing payroll functions accurately and timely.
- Performs responsible administrative and clerical duties relating to Human Resource Management and Payroll.
- Maintains payroll operations by entering data.
Utility Billing Manager
The Utility Billing Manager is responsible for collection of reads for monthly billing.
- Responsible for completing work orders and entering data into system, updating records
- Generation of late fees and cut off fees
- Responsible for printing of monthly water statements
- Maintains records of meters, and readings
Utility Billing Specialists
Utility Billing Specialist I
601 684-4000 Ext. 101
The Utility Service Representative is responsible for opening new commercial and residential accounts.
- Provides assistance to commercial and residential customers regarding City utility requirements and rates.
- Initiates utility service installation orders
Utility Billing Specialist II
601 684-4000 Ext. 221
The Utility Billing Clerk is responsible for assisting the manager with clerical and technical work of some complexity which involves the responsibilities of all matters pertaining to the operation of the utility billing division.
- Answers telephone, and respond to inquiries
- Enters routes for meter readers; keeps record of returns
- Provides Consumption Report to Public Work
- Assists with processing draft bill report